We formulate policies, provide advice to Agencies and manage Whole of Government contracts for commonly used goods and services for the Fijian Government.
The Fiji Procurement Office (FPO) was established under Section 4 of the Fiji Procurement Regulations 2010 and commenced operations on the 1st of August 2010. The establishment of the Office under the new Fiji Procurement Regulations is a direct result of the re-organization of the Government Supplies Department. The FPO comes under the Ministry of Finance, Strategic Planning, National Development and Statistics.
The main functions of the Fiji Procurement Office are to regulate and administer the procurement of goods, service and works for the Government. This includes:
- The formulation of appropriate procurement policies and processes that uphold the guiding principle of procurement;
- The processing of all Government tenders for good, service and works valued at over $50,001;
- The provision of Secretariat Support for the newly established Government Tender Board;
- The provision of logistical support for the administration and distribution of goods purchased from overseas;
- Conducting compliance assessments of procurement functions and activities across the whole of Government.
The Warehousing and Retail functions that used to be provided by the Government Supplies Department have been phased out.
The approval authority for the procurement of Goods, Service & Works above $50,001 is the Government Tender Board.
Please note that FPO does not administer ICT procurement. This is administered by the Department of Information Technology and Computing Services.